Friday, November 16, 2007

RAFF Day 3

Kicking things off bright and early at the NFB! I got to sit in on the Business Affairs For Your Film discussion. Very interesting stuff. Did you know if you put the Happy Birthday song in your film it's going to cost you $12,500 to get proper clearance? Board member Richard Kim provided a very unique perspective for aspiring filmmakers.


I was very fortunate to see three great films, Koryo Saram – The Unreliable People, The Pain With Being Thirsty and Pilgrimage. Very moving and powerful work.


At the Munk Centre I listened in on an industry panel called, Asian Representation on Screen. Several key people from ACTRA spoke with filmmakers and actors about the nature of casting Asians in film and television and the benefits of working with ACTRA.


I rushed on back to see a packed house for Owl and the Sparrow. The line was hella long.




Finished the day off with some wicked music at the Court House. Performances by THESE ELECTRIC LIVES, DANCE ELECTRIC and THE FLASHBOYZ.









The music night was spectacular! I shot over 150 pics over the evening. When the fest is over I will compile all my images into a web gallery for yall to see.

Well. Tomorrow is filled with A LOT of stuff. I will try to bring you pics from as many of the programs as possible! I hope you Monday-to-Friday people can take advantage of the weekend and get out to a screening! RAFF is officially half over, but there's still a TON of stuff to see.